Mandat International is a non-governmental organization whose aims are to:
- promote international dialogue and cooperation;
- welcome, inform and facilitate the participation of non-governmental representatives in international conferences;
- support and host delegates from developing countries.
MI runs a Welcome Centre for Non-Governmental Organizations and Delegations where delegates from different regions and fields can meet and share ideas. The Welcome Centre gives priority to delegates coming from developing countries and to indigenous peoples. The Welcome Centre provides:
- economical accommodation: 20 to 30 Swiss francs per night + breakfast, depending on the delegate’s country of residence;
- work infrastructure: meeting rooms, computers, Internet access, fax, etc.;
- support services to inform and help delegates, including information on international public law and assistance with developing contacts with other NGOs and international organizations;
- a documentation centre which provides Convention texts, reference documents, reports, specialized reviews, ODS (UN documents), databases, etc.;
- training sessions and meetings;
- a venue to host seminars, meetings, and receptions.
MI also manages several trilingual information websites: a calendar of international conferences; guides and manuals; a portal with more than 1,000 useful links; an information platform; etc. (see the website). MI supports the organization of international conferences and is planning a new centre to welcome, inform and provide delegates with work infrastructure near the UN.
with numerous local, regional and international organizations, academic institutions and private foundations.
See the website.