Geneva Environment Network
The Geneva Environment Network (GEN) is a cooperative partnership of over 50 environment and sustainable development organizations based in the International Environment House and elsewhere in Geneva, Switzerland. The GEN is administered by UNEP.
GEN actively promotes increased cooperation and networking amongst relevant organizations by:
- organizing and hosting meetings on the environment and sustainable development. “GEN Roundtables” have explored such themes as international environmental governance, climate change and natural disasters, the GEF, human rights and the environment, the environmental impacts of war, the freshwater crisis, and others;
- maintaining an information centre and Internet café and providing conference services and support to the Environment House;
- promoting the dissemination of information and public awareness of environmental issues;
- publishing Environment House News, a round-up of topical essays on the environment and sustainable development, and The Geneva Green Guide;
- organizing international workshops jointly with its members.
GEN works to foster synergies and encourage partnerships between the different organizations, secretariats and other environmental institutions residing in the Geneva area.