Generation Research Action & Training for the Environment
Created in 1994 by Marie Graf ; NGO specialized in microfinance and accredited as a NGO with an consultative status in the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC) since July 2006. GRAFE association is a non-profit organism. It has the role of fighting poverty in West Africa (Senegal, Burkina Faso and Ivory Coast), improving the living conditions and limiting rural depopulation. Microcredit helps local populations to set up and manage projects by themselves, which will generate income and create job. From time to time, the GRAFE undertakes specific actions (example given is the launch of a water filter project expected to become efficient in 2009).
The association sets up projects with the aim of:
- making population sensitive about the project management in order to generate employment and/or formations;
- developing professionnal training (supports of formative workshop);
- highlighting local ressources (e.g. artisanal and food products (by the creation of higher quality products such as “rice paddy”);
- launching new ideas for the hygiene improvement, in particular concerning drinking water (e.g. water-filter project). Some examples of projects realized through the association; foundation of a data-processing center, taxi station, sewing workshop (integrated training center). Statistics related to our activities are regularly updated on the website of the association.
- Participation in the World Summit on Development in Johannesburg in 2002;
- Participation in the Global Microcredit Summit in Halifax/Canada (November 2006);
- GRAFE is taking parts to several conferences and seminars suggested by UNO and its partners;
- Targeted subjects: microfinance, durable development, project management about the improving of woman and child living conditions.
Annual activity reports on website